Ledge Products has 5 sizes that are made ready to order. But we are also capable of custom sizes according to the needs of your project. All you need do is contact Ledge Products, and our team of shower niche engineers will create the size that matches the design of your property.
There is one type of shower niche that has become popular, especially for smaller bathrooms. That is because it is capable of giving the impression of a taller ceiling - giving the bathroom more space. These are tall shower niches that are centered in the room and higher vertically than they are horizontally. When partnered with a clear glass window (so the niche is visible from the door), this type of shower niche helps give the impression of a higher/raised ceiling, even without any additional cosmetic changes.
Custom shower niche products are one of the many reasons that people choose Ledge Products for their shower niche and recessed shower shelf needs. For more information on any of our shower niche products, please contact Ledge Products at any time.
One of the reasons that so many prefer Ledge Products for their shower shelf needs is that we are one of the few that offers both single and double shower shelves. Our double shower shelves are especially popular, as they give you two separate storage spaces to add to a bathroom, thus offering greater functionality as well as a more unique appearance.
But before you jump to these dual shower niches, you will want to consider whether or not a single niche may be a better choice. There are plenty of situations when a larger niche may be more valuable for your needs. These include:
- Tiling/Appearance - Double niches need to be tiled just like single niches. Yet the tiling itself can be more complex. For DIY projects for those less experienced, there are plenty of difficulties that may arise trying to tile these more complicated niches. The appearance of the final product may also differ from the design of your bathroom in a way you hadn't intended.
- Products - Though the difference is rarely significant, double niches do have less space available for your products, and the bottom niche fits only specific types of items like soaps and razors. If you don't plan on placing those in your shower, it may make sense to use a single niche.
- Multiple Niches - Some people choose a different approach, preferring to add more than one niche to a shower. In that case, double niches can sometimes feel a bit cluttered in a way that multiple single niches may not.
Single niches are also less expensive, so large scale projects - like hotel construction - may prefer to save money by using only the single-style niches.
But everything is according to personal preference. Our double niches are by far our most popular because they create more storage in less space, and they still look great when properly tiled. Yet our single niches are also quite popular, because they still look great in the wall and provide enough much needed storage for most families. Choose the one that fits your vision best.
Ledge Products, the leader in long lasting and easy to install shower niche products, is designed by GC Products, Inc. GC uses two specific materials, GFRG and GFRC, to design lightweight, durable, and cleanly designed architectural products for new and existing construction.
If you’d like to find out about GFRG, you can visit their “What is GFRG” page.
Our shower niche products are made with GFRC, or “Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete.” Though GFRG is an outstanding material for architectural designs, it is not waterproof. GFRC is 100% waterproof, which makes it a far preferable option for a place with excessive moisture, like the bathroom.
But GFRC’s benefits extend beyond just its waterproofing. The reason that we believe GFRC is the best material for shower niche products is because it has the following benefits:
- Long Lasting Durability – Often installing a shower niche and tile is a one time event. You remodel your bathroom, and you expect the tile and the design to last you until you sell the home. GFRC is extremely long lasting, unlikely to chip, crack, or degrade over time, which means you will never need to rip out your tile to adjust your shower niche.
- Lightweight with Easy Installation – We mentioned earlier that GFRC is a lightweight material. Compared to other shower niche materials, GFRC is light enough that even DIY homeowners can install it into their wall. Its light weight also won’t put pressure on your wall over time, resisting further gravity damage.
- Recycled – GFRC is also a recycled material. For such a long lasting and easily installed product, knowing that it is also better for the environment is one of the many reasons that so many of our clients come back to us for all their shower niche needs.
GFRC is also easier to tile or paint. On our end, it is such an easy-to-work with material that we are able to create perfect molds that all drain well and fit the exact shape you need. It’s also efficient for us to create despite its many advantages, which means reduced costs to the consumer.
There are many shower niche materials on the market, and we strongly believe that GFRC is the best choice of al of them. For more information, call us today or order your own custom shower niche.
The average hotel has minimal space. Every room, even suites, are limited to a very specific amount of square footage in order to maximize the value of the property. Anything you can do to be large and more functional - indeed, anything you do to SEEM larger and more functional - has considerable value.
That is why shower niches can potentially have so much value.
Add a Shower Niche to Your Bathroom Remodel or Design
The shower niche is designed primarily to be functional, and that can be helpful at hotels that have minimal space. Instead of requiring that your guests put their toiletries on the floor, you can fit the shower niche into the wall and give them some much needed space.
But another reason that shower niches add value is that they make bathrooms SEEM bigger. Even though the bathroom itself is essentially the same size, the shower niche adds depth that makes the bathroom appear larger. This makes it easier to give the impression of bigger square footage, and is one of many ways that you can improve the value of your property.
And of course, the shower niche still provides the modern and attractive appearance that makes a property more attractive to visitors.
It's the little things that make the biggest difference. Shower niches in your hotel room represent one of the lowest cost, most effective ways to add to your property's appearance, and make the visitor stay more enjoyable.