There are a lot of factors to keep in mind when choosing tile for your shower niche. Your niche should not only look good, it should be functional as well. Shower niches from Ledge Products offer the option of sleek, modern-looking bathroom organization with built-in practicality. We do this by taking the following into account.
There’s no one size tile that works best with every type of niche because the bathroom design styles are different, but it’s always important to keep your tile symmetrical around the niche. Make sure your tiles’ lines end on the edges of the niche to give it a clean, framed appearance.
Materials like the following are all good choices for shower niche tiles, because they’re waterproof and easy to clean:
- Natural Stone
In order to further decrease the chance of mold or water damage, Ledge Products niches are waterproof, made with engineered fiber reinforced cement, and designed with tapered edges to allow for water drainage.
This is the fun part. Shower niches are a great opportunity to add accent color to your bathroom with colored tiles. You can also mix it up with texture that contrasts against the tile in the rest of your shower and bathroom.
Order a Shower Niche to Upgrade Your Bathroom
No matter what type of tile you decide to use for your shower niche, you can be certain that Ledge Products niches are high quality and low cost, long lasting and easy to clean. You can order yours now on LedgeProducts.com, or contact us for any custom specifications you’re interested in.
Do you know what size and design shower niche is best suited for your bathroom? No matter what style your bathroom is (contemporary, modern, or customized), Ledge Shower Niche Products has a shower niche for you. We also offer different sizes of shower niches, all made from recycled materials and engineered fiber reinforced cement, and designed with tapered edges to promote water drainage and make it easier to clean and to prevent mold growth.
What Are You Storing
Choosing the right size shower niche isn’t only a matter of making sure your shampoo bottle isn’t too tall for it, it’s also taking into account how you’ll use your niche and what design you’re going for in your shower. First, keep in mind what you store in the shower, like:
- Hair products – shampoo, conditioner
- Soap – bar soap, face wash, body wash, etc.
- Shaving equipment – razor, shaving cream or gel
- Shower cleaning materials
Depending on how much you want to keep organized, you may consider a niche with more than one level. If you're designing a bathroom for a customer, consider the overall size of the bathroom, whether there is a bathtub, and where else bathers may put their products to give yourself an estimate of what storage the person will need.
A Shower Niche For Baths and Showers
It’s also important to consider whether you’re going to be baths, showers, or both where you install your niche. You’ll want to be able to reach your bathing products whether you’re sitting or standing, and a horizontal niche could be a good solution for this. If you’re just going to be standing while taking a shower, a vertical one installed higher up would probably be more accessible.
You can order from a variety of shower niche sizes and shapes right now online at LedgeProducts.com. If you don’t see one that’s just what you need, you can contact us to discuss custom specification possibilities.
Does your bathroom need updating? If it does, consider using features made of environmentally-friendly, “green” materials. There are lots of ways you can reduce the size of your impact on the earth when making changes in your bathroom, such as:
- Install a Low-Flow Toilet. This will reduce water usage, reducing how much water is used for waste, and reducing your water bill.
- Use Fluorescent Bulbs. These types of light bulbs use less energy than incandescent bulbs, and last longer.
- Visit Thrift Stores. Instead of buying brand-new features, cabinets, chairs, etc., check out the thrift store first. You’re likely to find more distinctive, less expensive items that match or highlight your new room design.
- Use Bathroom Products Made of Sustainable Materials. Toilet paper, hand soap, bath towels, and more are available as “certified organic,” which means it’s healthier for your body and has a lower negative impact on the environment.
- Install Eco-Friendly Countertops. The countertop serves as a focal point in the bathroom, so why not choose something gorgeous and earth-friendly? Granite, for example, is a non-renewable resource, so consider using recycled materials instead. Some places may even have local artisans that make unique, durable counters that you can use in your bathroom. Plastic, metals, and more can all be put to good use in bathroom features made of recycled materials.
- Use Reclaimed Wood. Whatever design you’re looking for in furniture or cabinets for the bathroom, it’s likely available somewhere made of reclaimed wood. Reusing wood that’s already been used for something else saves extra trees being harvested and used.
- Install Shower Features Made of Recycled Materials. Ledge Products wants to help beautiful bathrooms be more “green,” which is why our shower niches are made only of recycled materials. Far more environmentally friendly than the majority of our competitors, our well-designed and elegant looking niches will suit any bathroom.
These are some of the many ways to make sure your bathroom is more environmentally friendly. For more information about our shower shelves, review our product page or contact Ledge Products today.
Shower niches have recently become a very popular alternative to bulkier, more cluttered ways of storing bath products, like shower racks. Instead of struggling to find room among your shampoo and body wash and face wash bottles, slotting them right into the wall is an appealing method of organization. They can also provide further opportunity for you to underscore your overall room design by serving as an accent.
However, showers can be an ideal environment for mold, since they’re moist, warm, and more dimly lit. This issue can be made worse when a shower contains a sub-standard shower niche. If you haven’t chosen the right type of materials or design, an elegant-looking your shower niche can quickly transform into premium mold real estate.
We at Ledge Products noticed these problems, and addressed them with our high quality shower niches. Here’s how:
- Preventing Standing Water. Unlike many other companies’ niches, ours are sloped, so shower water that hits it doesn’t collect and stay there, increasing the possibility of mold growth and leakage, but instead drains onto the floor of the shower. This design feature also makes them easier to clean, preventing tight, difficult to scrub corners that can easily collect mold-fueling moisture and debris.
- Waterproof Materials. Ledge Product niches are made with engineered cement. Strong, waterproof materials like these make mold growth, which can take place in water damaged materials, unlikely.
- Watertight Installation. The design of our niches allows them to be installed flush against the wall, decreasing the space mold has to grow.
These advantages ensure that your shower niche from Ledge Products is unlikely to succumb to mold, and should be easy for anyone to clean and manage. Order yours directly from Ledge Products, today.