Shower niches have recently become a very popular alternative to bulkier, more cluttered ways of storing bath products, like shower racks. Instead of struggling to find room among your shampoo and body wash and face wash bottles, slotting them right into the wall is an appealing method of organization. They can also provide further opportunity for you to underscore your overall room design by serving as an accent.
However, showers can be an ideal environment for mold, since they’re moist, warm, and more dimly lit. This issue can be made worse when a shower contains a sub-standard shower niche. If you haven’t chosen the right type of materials or design, an elegant-looking your shower niche can quickly transform into premium mold real estate.
We at Ledge Products noticed these problems, and addressed them with our high quality shower niches. Here’s how:
- Preventing Standing Water. Unlike many other companies’ niches, ours are sloped, so shower water that hits it doesn’t collect and stay there, increasing the possibility of mold growth and leakage, but instead drains onto the floor of the shower. This design feature also makes them easier to clean, preventing tight, difficult to scrub corners that can easily collect mold-fueling moisture and debris.
- Waterproof Materials. Ledge Product niches are made with engineered cement. Strong, waterproof materials like these make mold growth, which can take place in water damaged materials, unlikely.
- Watertight Installation. The design of our niches allows them to be installed flush against the wall, decreasing the space mold has to grow.
These advantages ensure that your shower niche from Ledge Products is unlikely to succumb to mold, and should be easy for anyone to clean and manage. Order yours directly from Ledge Products, today.
No matter what you want your dream bathroom to be like, there are lots of tile styles and materials to help you achieve it. Choosing tile for the shower can be tricky, because you have to carefully take into account not only appearance, but function, durability, and ease of maintenance. If you’re considering tile for your bathroom, here are some of your options:
- Ceramic or Porcelain. These are some of the most popular tile materials used for bathroom showers. Both ceramic and porcelain tiles are made from clay and other materials, fired in a kiln at high temperatures and usually glazed. Porcelain goes through a longer refining process, and is thus less porous, denser, easier to clean, and more resistant to water, stains, and general wear and tear than ceramic. It is, however, very slippery when wet, so it’s a good idea to make sure measures are taken to make it more slip-resistant if you choose porcelain tiles for the shower floor.
- Natural Stone. You can create a truly unique and upscale rustic look with natural stone tiles in your shower. It’s not a very water impervious material, however, and would need to be sealed regularly to prevent damage.
- Glass. Tiles made of glass can create a beautiful, almost glowing effect where it’s laid. If used in the shower, it’s best to only use on the walls, because although it’s resistant to water and staining, it isn’t best for high foot traffic areas.
All of these make excellent bathroom tile, and should be considered for any DIY projects.
What About Materials to Avoid?
There are other forms of tile that, while valuable, are also slightly risky. It is strongly recommended that you talk to a professional before using the following materials to see if there is a way to integrate them properly:
- Vinyl. Vinyl tiles have become popular because they’re affordable and easy to change the look of, compared to the demolition time and effort that other bathroom tile materials take. However, vinyl and resilient tiles aren’t the best options for wet environments with bathrooms, and are less durable than stone, ceramic, or porcelain.
- Marble. Marble gives a soft, refined look to whatever room it’s incorporated into. However, it can be high maintenance, since it’s porous and stains and discolors easily. You can get a similar look by choosing a tile made of a more durable material that’s been made to look like marble. Marble can still be used, but it is a good idea to speak with a professional before installing it.
Tile is one of the fastest, best ways to remake a bathroom. The above options are only the beginning, with other options including granite, limestome, slate, and so much more. Be sure and carefully consider your options before taking on any DIY project, because the right decisions can vastly improve the value of your home, and the look of your bathroom.
One of the challenges that both homeowners and designers face when deciding how to remodel a bathroom is what features will look great now, stay relevant in the future, and last for a long time despite the moisture and bacteria that builds in the room.
It is why, with so many bathroom shelves on the market today, we are so certain that you should order a shower niche from Ledge Products.
The Ledge Products family of shower niches are made using only recycled, reinforced engineered cement. They use a sloped design that assists with drainage, and can be installed flush with both cement board and plaster walls.
These designs will withstand the tests of time, add more functional space to the bathtub or shower, and look amazing in any type of bathroom design. They also solve a common household problem (what to do with the products used in the bathroom) and increase the perceived size of the space.
Why Order a Shower Niche?
The shower niche products sold in most hardware stores tend to be more expensive and less well made than our wholesale shower shelf options here at Ledge Products. We’re also able to craft custom orders if you have something unique you need for your design, and all of our specs are easily available so that you know the quality of the product you receive.
It helps to have a shower niche that you can trust to look amazing, install easily, and become an asset to the value of the property. Order your shower niche today on our product page.
Recessed shower shelves are a unique, interesting, and functional addition to any bathroom. Because they are directly installed into the wall, they take away no space from the rest of the shower - often changing the perspective of the shower or bathtub to make it look larger, rather than smaller.
At Ledge Products, we've developed an affordable, wholesale, easy to purchase recessed shower niche that goes directly into the wall. It is immediately ready for tile and perfect for remodeling your bathroom. Shower niches, as a whole, have become one of the most effective ways to improve the look of a bathroom. With these recessed shower shelves, you can make sure that your shower is able to hold all of your items without any bulky equipment, in a way that adds value to your property.
Our shower niche products are extremely affordable and ready to help you change the way your bathroom looks to the eye. At Ledge Products, we've created some of the most affordable, long lasting recessed shower shelves on the market today, made with recycled material that is ready to get noticed. For more information, feel free and contact us today or order your shower niche directly from our website.